Thursday 7 January 2016

The Good Dinosaur | Review.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Hello everyone,

Have you guessed what this post is about yet?..no? Well buckle yourselves in for one hell of a ride as I attempt to give you a review of Disney's The Good Dinosaur. The story is about a dinosaur named Arlo, who is the runt of the family, with his brother and sister out-doing him when completing their chores on the family crop farm! I won't go into to much detail with the plot as it's hard to write without giving away spoilers but lets just say be prepared for some early tears as the story becomes quite emotional quite quickly.

First of all, the Disney short. Now I'm the type of person that anticipates these just as much as the main film! The theme behind Sanjay's Super Team was religion, a young boy who finds his fathers Hindu traditions boring and just wanted to get back to his superheroes..I thought that concept was really cool as I'm all for something different. Sanjay ends up transporting to a temple where three gods leap to life to help defend the boy from Ravana. For me this wasn't my favourite short, if you're wondering that award goes to Geri's Game, but for a new concept I did fairly enjoy the mini story.



Now back to the main event, in hindsight I probably set my standards too high for this film seeing as I'm partial to a dinosaur film but it did have to compete with the amazingness that is Inside Out! Although I did have to hide my face to disguise the tears, this is probably a good time to mention I was on a date with a very sweet guy and didn't want him seeing me as big, blubbering mess. The friendship that is made between Arlo and Spot is such a sweet story, although I think the film is aimed more for young Disney fans than the adults with child-like hearts. If I had to rate this film I think I'd give it a 6.8/10, so close to a 7 but I think it just needed a little bit more depth for my liking, but if you're looking for an easy to watch film or just love Disney then I'd definitely recommend seeing it.



Until next time, 
Shannon.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment