Tuesday 12 January 2016

Everyday Makeup Products | Beauty.

 Hello everyone,

Applying makeup is pretty much my favourite part of the day, especially for when I'm getting ready to go out for the night. Buying makeup is also one of my favourite things as I love experimenting with different colours and also brands, even though Maybelline seems to winning it for me at the moment, so I thought I'd show you all what my typical everyday products consisted of as most of these are my holy grail in my beauty life.



 I really don't know where I would be without this product, for the days that I don't want to wear makeup this is the perfect thing to quickly put on just to smooth out my skin and for the days that I do want to make myself look half presentable then my foundation glides on perfectly! I prefer using this product to most primers as this really does hide my pores better whilst giving me smooth skin making it all the easier to apply my face for the day. If you don't have this essential in your makeup bag then I couldn't recommend it enough!


In the time that I've been wearing make up, for about 6/7 years now, I've been through a lot of different foundations and never being able to find the perfect one as the product usually doesn't sit well on my face, especially in areas of dry skin, but this is one of the best that I've tried. Now I'm not saying this is the best out there, it's just the one that's worked well for me, having combination skin it's hard to find foundations that sit well as they can make the oily and dry patches in my skin stand out even more. The coverage of this product is so good also, I use a full pump and a tiny dot to more making the normal mission of buying foundation not as often. I use the shade Fawn.


After I've applied my foundation I take this concealer and dab the areas I need to cover, usually a few blemishes and under my eyes, and take my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge to just blend in the product. I love this concealer as it just stays really well with the other products I use and matches up with my foundation better than most, I find using the sponge gives an even better coverage as blending this with a brush sometimes doesn't cover imperfections perfectly which is slightly annoying when I'm on the go so I have to carry multiple tools as well but that is the only downside that I find with this product. I use the shade Light Beige.



When I bought this I actually went into the store to repurchase another type of Maybelline powder but couldn't find the right one, I thought I would try a new one that is the same type as my other face makeup. I was slightly disappointed when I couldn't find a translucent powder so I matched up the shade with my foundation and after using this product I fell in love with it, I'll definitely be repurchasing this one instead of my old faithful..so change isn't always a bad thing. I also use this in the shade Fawn.



Contouring is a skill that I still haven't mastered, as long as I can make my look a tad more sculpted and shrink my forehead slightly then I'm fine with my minimal skill. I've only used one contour palette before this, a bundle set that I got a few Christmases a go, so I don't have much experience and knowledge to judge the product but I can tell you I love it. I find this product applies amazingly well and stays all day with only needing a touch up if I've reapplied my powder, the highlight is quite glittery which I don't mind a little sparkle on my skin but I know some people aren't fans of glittery specs floating on their faces. I use the shade Light/Medium.



Eyebrows are something that I've never really been too concerned about, especially when I was 15 and went a bit crazed with my tweezers..I'm sure one day you'll see photos from that tragic phase in my life. Since growing them back the hair is really dark so I never saw the point in filling out my brows until about 3 months ago when I thought I would try and fill them with buying this little palette and I've never looked back! Now I recommend this brow kit to all my friends and point out the difference in eyebrows when sculpting, filling and highlighting them, safe to say I've converted a few to completing their makeup looks. I use the Soft Brown palette.


These little pots of joy are my go to eyeshadow for days that I need a quick pop of colour and don't have time to perfectly blend in powder shadows, as the color tattoos are a creamy formula it's possible to quickly apply. I have a few of these in different colours but this is my main one to use as I feel like it's the most appropriate for work and complements my eye colour the best as well. When I have a bit more time to spare I'll get a darker gold toned shadow just to blend into the crease of my lid just to define my eyes more. This is the shade On and On Bronze



Perfect liquid liner. That's my feelings towards this product, perfect. I strayed from liquid liners to experiment with gels but after seeing this one advertised I thought I would find my lost love for liquid again, the one thing that made me want this product is because of the fact that it's matte and I can tell you that it doesn't disappoint one bit. The brush is super fine making the application so simple for however you like your eyes lined, be thick or thin, and the jet blackness of the ink draws attention with ease.


Ever had a mascara that smudges, clumps and doesn't separate your lashes? Well this product certainly doesn't do that, I get bored of mascaras so quickly I'm forever changing my mind on what ones I like but I've been using this one since the first week it was launched and I'm still in love with this as if it was the first time I used it. This really extends my lashes as well as thickening them. The main reason I keep repurchasing this, besides my love for Lash Sensational, is because people regularly compliments me on how my eyes look mainly due to my lashes. I use the shade Very Black 1.


Cracked lips is something that I often have to deal with and I've struggled for years to find something that heals them as well as doubling up as a subtle gloss, until I recently stumbled across this beauty. In November I went to Lanzarote for two weeks but leading up to the holiday I was stressing about how going from the freezing cold of the UK to warm sun would affect my lips, now this isn't the cheapest UV protection for the mouth but I would happily repurchase this. Even though I'm not in the sun anymore, so I don't have any need for the protection against sun rays, I still love this product just a much the gloss moisturises the delicate skin whilst leaving you ready for your day. The taste of the gloss is amazing also, I'm really fussy with how things taste on my lips just as much as how it looks so it's a winner for me.

 So this is everything I use on my day to day face to make me look semi presentable for the world!

Until next time, 
Shannon.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment