Monday 4 January 2016

Regrets and Resolutions.

Hello everyone,

Something everyone should know about me is that I don't regret much in my life, I like to see my mishaps as vital life lessons, but that title didn't seem as catchy. Also I'm not overly keen on New Years resolutions purely because I like to make mini goals all throughout the 12 months as in the past I would make numerous promises to myself on the 1st of January and they'd probably all be broken by the 10th..especially dieting goals as I never seem to stick to them, so here is a list of regrets *cough* life lessons *cough* and resolutions.

Regrets // Life Lessons:
  • Wasting time on other people - I wasted a lot of time on one particular person last year..the same person that caused a small heartbreak and months of uncertainty. When I started my job, at just the baby faced age of 16, there was this one guy who immediately caught my attention and from then on I had a slightly obsessive crush..three years later at a work party a vodka and sambuca induced kiss was shared between us, which then led on to a short but fairly sweet relationship! Turns out the unthinkable can actually happen.
  •  Doubting myself - currently I'm in a really good position with accepting who I am, quirks and all, and that's mainly thanks to the guy mentioned above..because if he, a mysterious and attractive male, could like me then there must be qualities that aren't so off putting after all, as I see myself as the strange dork who obsesses over Disney and Harry Potter a bit too much!
  •  Respect myself more - growing up I never thought I'd be the girl who would have boy trouble or even having the choice in whether to respect myself, sexually speaking (the answer is always yes btw!!), but over the past 6ish months or so I've had a few encounters of what I used as an excuse for having fun and making the most of being a single girl..I didn't take into account if I was disrespecting myself, which it's only recently dawned on me that I was! But since November my main focus has been on one guy and I'm hoping he'll stick around for a while so this lesson is slowly being learnt.
If anyone is reading this that is/has been getting themselves down on some decisions they've made in the past then please just remember this, because it's the only thing that gets me through these points.

Resolutions // Goals:
  • Save money - every year since getting myself a job I feel like this has been a reoccurring goal, but truth is that I have a very expensive shopping habit to maintain so in all honesty I'll still shop..just hopefully not as much as I desperately want to go to Disneyland and buy myself a new car so looks like there will be less trips to Lakeside for the chance of meeting my princess idols and sitting inside a Mini Cooper S, preferably in the shade of burnt orange, everyone can dream right?
  •  Lose weight (again) - this mammoth of a goal was set sometime in February as my boyfriend broke up with me and then in a matter of weeks my grandad passed away and I am a self confessed comfort eater. Putting on almost a stone in such a short period of time I had enough of being overweight, as I have been my entire life, so I lost two and a half stone but holidays abroad and Christmas eating have happened since then..now where's the fruit, vegetables and my gym membership at!? 
  •  Maintain a relationship - this is a pretty superficial goal to set myself but I'm bored of being a single lady, not that I want someone to put a ring on my finger yet! Now this shouldn't be too hard as there is a certain guy in my life who is just the sweetest so I just need to sit by and see what happens with him, but keep your eyes peeled for any love life updates (eek!!)    

That's all from me with this fairly chatty post today, I'll keep you all updated if any of these resolutions happen but only I can control that so good luck to me and good luck to everyone kick starting their year with a list of things to do - here's to 2016!

Until next time,
Shannon..
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment