Thursday 7 January 2016

Sick Days.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Hello everyone, 

Growing up I would always try to tell my parents I'm sick, so I could stay at home from school and watch That's So Raven and Lizzie McGuire to my hearts content, which would work a small percantage of the time. Now that I'm in adulthood with a full time job, in retail, having sick days are the rarest thing to exsist with only having 2 days off ill, one of which being the morning after a night out influenced by vodka, in my whole 3 and a half years of working there. My immune system is pretty shitty to say the least, after being put on antibiotics religiously every 6-8 weeks for about 2 year, so getting ill is just second nature to me now and I've adjusted well to working a nine hour shift feeling like death..but this week my flu has just ruined me! 
Saturday's shift was pretty brutal. I could barely breathe as my head cold had worked it's way down my body and I was dealing with some pretty nasty period pains, thankfully a few of my work friends noticed I didn't feel well and kept asking if I was okay. I find a lot of comfort in people asking how I am and checking up on me, I'm a very needy human. After working for a few more days I could just feel myself detoriating pretty quickly, Wednesday morning I done the dreaded thing and rang in sick..I'm now on my second day off and can feel myself going slightly crazy!

Things I've been doing to feel better:
  • Binge watch Tattoo Fixers: in two days I've managed to watch every episode of the E4 show Tattoo Fixers..Jay and Sketch's faces may have something to do with that though! *love eyes*

  • Have a Disney marathon: Disney films, a duvet and your favourite character teddy. Need I say more?

  • Eating my weight in cheese: Okay so maybe not my weight as that'd be a pretty big task, but considering I'm supposed to getting back on my health kick maybe I should put away the crackers and apricot wensleydale! 
  • Have a Lush bath: baths always make me feel better, espicially when you plonk in a Yog Nog bath bomb.

 Until next time,
Shannon
xxx


 

No comments:

Post a Comment