Saturday 19 March 2016

Seeing Adele Live!

Hello everyone, 

March 15th was the day that I could finally tick one of the anticipated things that was on my bucket list, Adele is my favourite artist and also my idol. I adore her so much and not just because of her ridiculous talent but also she has to be one of the most down to earth celebrities, so in December a friend and I tried for days on multiple presales to bag ourselves some tickets but sadly failed until on the general sale I managed to get through the crowds of people on the website, that had crashed multiple times, and long story short after putting in all my details I just wept at the fact me and two of my favourite humans are going to Adele!


My mum offered to take us all to and from the train station so we could have a few alcoholic beverages if we felt like it, none of us ended up having any, and we got to the station fairly early. I've been to a fair few concerts at the O2 before and knowing how many people flood in I was eager to get there early so we didn't have hassle to get in anywhere to eat and I just find myself a lot more relaxed when I'm not in a busy environment as I can be a very anxious human if I let my mind take over. We went to have dinner in the Harvester which was a complete winner, I had my all time favourite of a BBQ Chicken Stack, Rocky Horror and a lot of refillable drink, we ended up sitting in there for about 2 hours in the end as we was pretty much laughing the entire time but I think the fact that we waited a good 20 minuets for our bill to arrive was a main factor in that!


After dinner we went for a little stroll around the O2 and just took a lot of selfies to capture every moment, in the end we decided to wait by the barriers so we would be some of the first to be allowed into the main arena..I detest stepping over people to get to my seat and queueing is a big no when there's thousands of humans.


Whilst we waited we kept staring at everyone being let into the VIP area, mostly full grown adults all dressed up flashing their smart looking tickets to get being the rope..I was beyond envious but then we noticed someone walking over there and instantly myself and Chloe shouted out "It's Joe Sugg!!", we're both huge fans of everything youtube and for me this was bloody cool so I quickly grabbed my phone and took possibly the worst photo ever!


Finally it was time to go in the arena and here is where my brain went into overdrive and just thought what about if these tickets are fake and I've dragged my best friends here for nothing, all the excitement and build up for months on end to be told you're not allowed in. I only shared this little concern when we was physically inside and we got in, to be honest I don't even know why I have this worry every time as I only ever buy concert tickets from official sites but it's something I'll always be paranoid about.
We found our seats and that's when it became real to me that in just under 2 hours my idol would be standing on that stage belting her heart out. The seats we had were so incredible, usually in such a big arena I'd be sitting up the back and near the ceiling so I was in utter shock when I could actually see everyone on stage without having to imagine a face on a walking blob!


I still have no words for how incredible Adele's show was and I still feel so lucky to be able to say I've seen her live and to tick this huge thing off my bucket list. More times than I'd like to admit I had to hold back the tears during as they have a lot of emotion behind the song for me as I like to piece music to my life. I didn't take many photos as I videoed near enough every song as I can listen back to the best night of my existence, even though I can hear the man who was sitting next to me but that's fine as he was loving life and singing his heart out so all I can say is way to go to him!


One thing I will add is how funny this woman is and how much she does for her fans as she showed that on the night. If you have tickets to any upcoming shows then I hope you enjoy and sing your heart out as I know I had a blast but for now this night is just memories and a few scrapbook pages when I get round to crafting them.

BEST. NIGHT. EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment